Shoalhaven Water will install the pressure sewer system including the functioning components, connect supply to the pumps and test electrical operation at completion of installation.
The unit will be filled with water for a test run, using a generator if no power, and then left in normal operational mode.
The Control Panel will be locked on completion, so the electrician may have to contact us before they install the final dedicated circuit. If the dedicated circuit is already in place, we will connect and test run using the house supply.
When this work is complete, we will notify the applicant to arrange the remainder of the electrical installation.
It is the responsibility of the owner/builder to arrange for a qualified electrician to install a separate dedicated circuit (as specified below) from the electrical meter box to the location of the control panel.
Once connected and operating, all power costs for the running of the pressure sewer unit are the responsibility of the property owner.
System installation requirements for electricians:
Single Pump Unit (Simplex) – supply to be 240 volt from a dedicated circuit using a ‘D’ curve 20A circuit breaker, electrical conduit to control panel to be a minimum 25mm heavy-duty.
Dual Pump Unit (Duplex) - supply to be 240 volt from a dedicated circuit using a ‘D’ curve 32A circuit breaker, electrical conduit to control panel to be a minimum 50mm heavy-duty.
Control panel mounting location requirements:
- Supply shall be taken to a point 150mm below the mounting location of the control panel and have at least 1 metre of cable left available for connection of panel.
- The bottom of the panel must be 1200mm from ground level.
- The panel must be mounted on wall, permanent structure or a minimum 200x100 galvanised post to a height of 1500 above ground level.
- Panel mounting location is to be no further than 10 metres from the tank.
- Control panel must be accessible for maintenance and repair work to be undertaken by Shoalhaven Water.