Shoalhaven Water understands that customer’s may at times experience financial difficulty in paying their water accounts and therefore we offer a range of options for assistance.
- Payment Assistance Scheme
- Pensioner Rebate Concessions
- Payment Arrangements
- Direct Debit Instalments
- Special Needs Assistance
- Undetected Water Leak Reduction Assistance
Payment Assistance Scheme
If you’re facing financial difficulty you may be eligible for vouchers (equivalent of $25.00 per voucher for offset against water usage charges) through the Payment Assistance Scheme. The scheme is available to property owners and residential tenants who are responsible to pay for water usage charges and can provide an original copy of a Shoalhaven Water Account.
This scheme is funded solely by Shoalhaven Water and is designed to assist customers in the short term only.
How the scheme works:
- Contact one of the Agencies listed.
- An agency will assess clients experiencing financial difficulty and may issue water vouchers.
- Vouchers can only be used as payment against water usage charges.
- Agencies can also help clients with budgeting where appropriate.
- In exceptional circumstances the Director Shoalhaven Water may authorise the issue of vouchers direct to an applicant where it is not practical or time constraints dictate that an applicant attend the relevant Agency.
- All Saints Community Care - 4423 1099
- Lifeline South Coast Financial Counselling - 4421 5365
- Mission Australia Community Services - 4448 2000
- Family Services Australia - 4421 5499
- Salvation Army Nowra - 4423 2102
- Salvation Army Ulladulla - 4454 1538
- St Vincent De Paul Culburra/Callala/Nowra - 4421 0390
- St Vincent De Paul Ulladulla - 4455 5666
- Waminda - 4421 7400
Pensioner Rebate Concessions
The Pensioner Rebate Concession is funded jointly through Council and the NSW Government. The rebate is available for eligible pensioners who permanently reside at the property for which a claim is lodged and who have a current Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card, or Veteran Affairs TPI or EDA (Gold HealthCard).
How to apply:
- Applications can be obtained from both the Nowra and Ulladulla Council Offices or downloaded from the Additional Information below.
- Provide Centrelink or Veteran Affairs card details to Counter staff along with Council’s Pension Application Form
Pensioner Concession rates will apply to both your Water & Rates accounts and are managed by Councils Rates Section on 02 4429 3210.
If you are experiencing financial hardship or have found yourself with an outstanding amount owing on your water account, contact us to discuss your options. We are happy to provide advice and assistance to reduce water charges or with payment plans based on forecast of future charges.
- Arrange to pay your account by instalments
- Request to defer your payment for a period of time
- Refer to Payment Assistance Scheme for agency assistance
Shoalhaven Water would like to ensure full water services are maintained. Agreeing on a solution, making regular payments and maintaining contact with us will prevent restriction of your water service and avoid additional costs to have normal flows restored.
Centrepay – Centrelink
Centrepay is a convenient and easy to use system that allows you to make regular direct payments to your Water Account from your Centrelink payment. Download the Centrepay Form or visit your local Centrelink office for an application. Centrepay application will require:
- Shoalhaven Water reference number 555-071-469-B
- Your property reference number which can be found on your Water Account
Direct Debit Instalments
Direct Debit allows you to make regular payments to your Water Account from your nominated bank account. You can choose to have instalments made on a weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis. Direct Debit offers an easy budgeting tool to make regular payments.
Special Needs Assistance
Customers who are required to use kidney dialysis are eligible for a reduced tariff for water usage charges. Records are maintained to ensure these customers receive continued service with disruptions to water supply minimised and planned well in advance wherever possible.
Undetected Water Leak Reduction
If you have experienced an undetected water leak on your property and have received an account with a substantial increase on the water usage component, you may be eligible to apply for a leak reduction from the account. Details about the assistance provided and a copy of the policy can be obtained from the Additional Information section below.
For further information contact Shoalhaven Water on 02 4429 3214