Once a meter is installed at a property all pipes, taps and drains on your property become the property owner’s responsibility. The property owner will also receive water usage charges on their Water Account.
Metered Water Connections
Within the Shoalhaven, single dwellings are entitled to a 20mm metered service. At the time of installation, Shoalhaven Water will also install a garden tap adjacent to the meter (this is not applicable to meters located in a pit).
If you require any of the following options, you must submit our Water Connection Request:
- New 20mm connection to a vacant property
- Additional 20mm connection to an existing property
- Dual Occupancy / Granny Flat
- Alteration to an existing 20mm connection
All installations requests will require a Meter Location Plan indicating where you would like your meter to be installed. This can be uploaded in the Water Connection Request.
In some instances where the main is on the opposite side of the road, a conduit may already be in place which means the service will be installed in that position. If you wish to place the service in a new location, you will incur the full cost of an additional service. Council reserves the right to alter the position of the water service if necessary.
Upon receipt of the service request, Shoalhaven Water will provide an invoice which must be paid prior to work commencing. Missed or incorrect items on the request will result in delayed installation or rejection of application. Once approved, you will receive confirmation that the request has been processed and is awaiting installation. Please allow a minimum of 20 working days for installation. Be aware that obstructions to site will delay installation.
Connections, Manifolds & Fire Services
Non-residential developments such as industrial, commercial or medium density commonly require a larger metered connection or fire service.
Our Connections, Manifolds & Fire Services Request applies to the following:
- Metered Service Connections (new services, relocating services or upsizing connections)
- Multi-metered Service Connections (Manifolds – 2 or more 20mm meters)
- Fire Services (unmetered)
- Combination Meter & Fire Service Connections
If required, it is the developer’s responsibility to have the water service line and meter sized by a qualified consultant such as a plumber or hydraulics consultant in accordance with AS3500. Details to provide include:
- Available water pressure (a water pressure certificate can be applied for from Shoalhaven Water)
- Existing size of water mains serving the development
- Size of metered and unmetered services required
- Development complexity
- Use of water and demand allocation in calculation stage
- Location of proposed metered and unmetered services
- Number of meter services
- Access to metered services
- Maintenance and/or replacement of metered services
- Backflow Prevention Devices (which may impact water pressure)
- Impact to the water supply system
A review of the submitted service request may take up to 15 working days, missed or incorrect items will result in delays or rejection of application. After assessment, Shoalhaven Water will provide the applicant an invoice which must be paid prior to work commencing. Installation will be undertaken in accordance with the hydraulic plans.
Once approved, you will receive confirmation that the request has been processed and is awaiting installation. Please allow a minimum of 20 working days for installation. Be aware that obstructions to site will delay installation.
Water Meter Alterations
Our Water Meter Alterations Request applies to the following:
- Nominal Sizing
There are many reasons why you may like to downsize, disconnect or have your meter nominally sized, but before you make application to Shoalhaven Water it is recommended you refer to the Related Link to the right, on Water Meter Services.
Water Pressure Certificate Request
This request is for Water Pressure Certificates only and generally only apply to new developments. To apply, please follow the Related Link to the right.
For information on Annual Fire Safety Statements, contact Shoalhaven City Council's Fire Safety Assistant on (02) 4429 3111.