The Development Application Notice outlines the conditions which the applicant/developer must undertake and complete in order to secure a Certificate of Compliance prior to obtaining an Occupation Certificate or Subdivision Certificate or licence to operate as the case may be.
The Notice is split into three parts:
1. Application details such as the development proposal, applicant information, and location of development.
2. The conditions imposed on the development. This is further split into different parts (examples include but are not limited to):
- Prior to Demolition Works
- Prior to the Issue of a Construction Certificate
- Prior to Commencement of Works
- During Construction Works
- Prior to Issue of Occupation Certificate
- Prior to the Granting of a Certificate of Compliance
3. Advice to applicant and formal declaration of completion of all conditions and submission of all necessary documentation for the granting of a Certificate of Compliance.
What do I do with the Notice?
- The Notice outlines the conditions that need to be complied with for the approved development.
- If at any stage you are unsure of the conditions specified by Shoalhaven Water please contact our Projects / Development Unit on 02 4429 3547.
- As you complete each condition listed on the Notice you initial and date the ‘Applicant’ column to the right of each condition, remember to keep all relevant documentation together with the Notice. You may include information in the column if possible and legible. At the completion of all the conditions you must submit the Notice and relevant documentation to Shoalhaven Water to apply for a Certificate of Compliance.
- Shoalhaven Water will review the completed Notice and relevant documentation and if all conditions are satisfied a Certificate of Compliance will be granted.
- Should Shoalhaven Water be required to research information to confirm conditions status for the applicant then charges will apply as set out in Councils Fees and Charges.
What is a Certificate of Compliance?
A Certificate of Compliance is certification which can be granted to a development which is subject of development consent or a complying development certificate under the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act 1979 upon complying with all requirements as listed in the Development Application Notice.