The requirements are:
- Internal water lines on the property are to be disconnected from the existing metered water service/s currently serving the lot (including any metered or unmetered fire service/s).
- All existing internal sewer drainage pipe work is to be flushed, disconnected from the existing sewer junction and the sewer junction is to be temporarily capped off.
- All works must be undertaken by a licensed plumber in accordance with Shoalhaven Water’s requirements.
Arrangements are to be made for the capped off sewer junction and disconnected water lines to be inspected by Shoalhaven Water's inspector at the developer's/applicant's cost.
As part of the request for the inspection/s the person contacting Shoalhaven Water (generally the plumber or contractor on larger projects) must provide:
- their license number, and
- WorkCover General Induction for Construction Work in NSW (white card) details and contact details.
The person making the request for the inspection is liable for payment of the inspection/s.
The plumber/contractor shall be required to sign the inspection sheet after the inspection has been completed (for each and every inspection). Failure to do so will result in the inspection being recorded as non-conformance and will require another inspection to be undertaken.
Important Information - Failure to comply with these requirements can result in damage or blockages to Council’s assets and may result in costly rectification works and/or legal action.
There must be a minimum 2 working days’ notice for an inspection to occur.
Contact Shoalhaven Water’s Projects / Development Unit on 02 4429 3547 to arrange an inspection. Fees and charges will apply.