Category 1A & 1B Dischargers (Low Risk)
- Category 1A: Nil or minimal liquid trade waste pre-treatment equipment required (eg hairdresser, florist, beautician)
- Category 1B: Still low risk but require more sophisticated prescribed liquid trade waste pre-treatment equipment (eg vehicle wash, laundry activities)
Category 2A, 2B & 2S (Medium Risk)
Require prescribed liquid trade waste pre-treatment equipment (eg. Grease arrestor for restaurant or cafe, oily water separator for a mechanical workshop).
The prescribed pre-treatment equipment is installed and maintained to Council’s requirements (eg correct type and size grease arrestor pumped out to Council’s set frequency)
The prescribed pre-treatment equipment:
- Is not installed or is not appropriate
- Is installed but not maintained to Council’s requirements.
Dischargers of pan contents, septic tank pump-outs, septage, chemical toilet waste and ship-to-shore pump-outs into the sewerage system.
Category 3A & 3B (High Risk)
Assessment as 3A or 3B depends on the complexity of the pre-treatment system and includes:
- Industrial dischargers
- large volume (greater than 20kL/day) dischargers
- dischargers that do not fall into Category 1 or 2 above
- contaminated groundwater or stormwater